SCONUL Access resumes
We are delighted to announce that the SCONUL Access scheme has re-opened (subject to public health restrictions across the UK) and that we are able to participate. The scheme remains the same with only the participating members differing at this point. All information about applying for the Access Scheme is available on the SCONUL website.
If you are going to resume use of the SCONUL Access scheme, remember:
- You must reapply for access if your approval has expired. Prior access does not mean you automatically have access now because not all institutions that previously participated in the scheme are participating at this time.
- Please be patient. Libraries are processing a large volume of applications and so you may need to wait up to four weeks for your application to be processed. Please be patient – libraries everywhere are working as quickly as they can but will experience different numbers of applications and have different levels of resources available to process them.
- Please contact institutions on the day you plan to visit them to make sure they are still admitting SCONUL Access members. This ensures that you don’t make a wasted journey only to find out that the changing Covid-19 situation has forced the library you are visiting to close its doors to visitors.
We have answered many of the frequently asked questions about SCONUL Access here:
- for students at other institutions wanting to visit us
- for our students wanting to visit other university libraries
If you have any queries or concerns, please email email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.