Find your second wind with these new Gale resources
Our Gale primary historical research materials collection has expanded once again, with offerings to excite everyone from enthusiasts of the Victorian Gothic to fans of early modern Shanghai.
True crime from the 19th century alongside material on early detective fiction – a factual and fictional feast for anyone interested in immersing themselves in everything Victorian Gothic.
- U.S. Declassified Documents Online
- Declassified Documents Online: Global British Intelligence (1905-2002)
These collections of declassified documents from the US and UK contain insights into many events across the 20th and early 21st centuries, of interest to anyone studying the history and politics of the era.
British Library Newspapers (4 & 5)
Adding parts 4 and 5 of the British Library Newspaper collective to our collections expands our coverage to a wider selection of UK towns and cities and extends coverage in some cases through to 1950.
Not also but also…
Alongside the usual suspects, including political extremism, women’s studies, crime, punishment and popular culture and resources on Native Americans, we have a surprisingly large collection of resources on the history of shipping, municipal administration and policing in Shanghai:
- Political Extremism and Radicalism: Far Right and Left Political Groups, etc.
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online: British Politics and Society
- Women’s Studies Archive: Voice and Vision
- Chinese Maritime Customs Service: The Customs’ Gazette, 1869-1913
- Policing the Shanghai International Settlement, 1894-1945
- Shanghai Municipal Council: The Municipal Gazette, 1908-1940
- The Minutes of the Shanghai Municipal Council, 1854-1943
So, lots to keep you entertained and informed!