23+ wellbeing things. No. 15 – Free virtual workouts for your body and mind
There are a whole series of wonderful apps and virtual training to keep body and mind in great shape even during self-isolation. Better still, many of them are always free, while others have made their workouts available for free during the current lockdown to help us all cope a little better. I’ve listed a few favourites, from Sport workouts to break a sweat in your living room to meditation apps you can tune into and drop out of material reality for a few moments. Just remember to start gently, stay hydrated, and always work within your limits!
- Sports & Recreation make exercise programmes available for free with your favourite teachers and via Les Milles Virtual suite
- Darebee offers an entire virtual exercise suite for free (although feel free to donate to keep them going if you feel you can)
- Chris Hemsworth’s gym, Centr, has made its virtual workouts available to everyone temporarily
For your mind
- Grounded in Stillness offers mindful relaxation sessions to download or stream for free
- Calm has made its “Take a deep breath” meditation collections available for free
- Headspace has made a selection of its meditations and sleep-inducing exercises available in its “Weathering the storm” collection
If these free services are not enough, the folks over at Clever blog have identified 15 more of the best apps for surfing the crest of the self-isolation wave. Check them out here!