Membership of Portsmouth City libraries (the local public library) is free and you don’t even need to live in Portsmouth to use them. They have access to fiction for pleasure reading, local history collections, and occasionally even textbooks that we do not, making them well worth joining. You can join in person at any library branch or fill in the online application form on our library catalogue (link above). Books you borrow from the public library can be returned to any branch – just please sort your University Library books from your public library books!
Click Read more to find out how joining the public library can save you money on more than just books.
A public library card nets you some surprising discounts
- 20% off All-Attraction tickets to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard (terms and conditions apply)
- 20% discount with Hovertravel (terms and conditions apply)
- £2 off standard admission to the Blue Reef Aquarium
- 20% discount at Mozzarella Joes on Southse seafront (near Blue Reef Aquarium)
- 10% discount at Blossoms of Portsmouth florist
Photo by Along time ago…