Tales from a student law database representative

Mitchell Durrant

Our student Westlaw representative, Mitchell Durrant, whom some of you may remember training you to qualify for certification using this premium legal database recently made a successful presentation to the Westlaw AGM at Thomson Reuters headquarters in Canary Wharf.  It really shows what opportunities to raise your profile part-time work and can open up for you!

Here is Mitchell had to say about the event…
The presentation detailed my successes with certification classes and various marketing techniques I have employed to boost attendance to the sessions. The presentation was made in front of some sixty-seventy people including many of my bosses from various departments within Thomson Reuters.
The presentation was a massive success and, as well as that, I received the award for Existing Student Representative of the Year 2015. I was told that it is the first time a representative from our university has received the award, since the start of the student representative program, so I was really pleased and happy that our School of Law still ranks high.
As well as that, I was able to speak with the representative from the University of Essex and he has come up with a rather clever way of creating a template for emails which is instantly more eye catching and, in my opinion, a fantastic means of communicating information effectively to students. I hope to implement this method by next week with my Westlaw emails and I hope to also share it with the current Student Law Society committee so that they too may implement it into their own emails, watch this space.
Posted in Thing of the Day Tagged with: , ,

Leave a Comment (note: all comments are moderated)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

(you can use <b>bold</b> or <i>italic</i> markers)

*