Many of you will be familiar with our subscription to BoB, an archive provided by the British Universities Film and Video Council. BoB enables all staff and students in subscribing institutions to choose and record any broadcast programme from 60+ TV and radio channels.
The recorded programmes are then kept indefinitely (no expiry) and added to a growing media archive (currently at over 1 million programmes), with all content shared by users across all subscribing institutions. Users can create clips, search transcripts and compile playlists. Extensive changes and improvements were made to the site over the Christmas break including the new features listed below:
- the addition of all BBC TV and radio content dating from 2007 (800,000+ programmes)
- over 10 foreign language channels, including French, German and Italian
- an extended 30 day recording buffer – more time to record missed programmes
- a new look website, improved navigation
- Apple iOS compatibility – watch BoB on handheld devices
- searchable transcripts
- links to social media – share what you are watching online
- a one-click citation reference, allowing you to cite programmes in your work
As a result of these changes there have been a few problems with logging in and links in Moodle. We recommend that if you are using BoB resources (clips or full programmes) in your Moodle site you check your content for broken links. In terms of login issues please send details of the email address you are having problems with to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information see the Library’s Known Problems Page on our website.